Feb 7, 2014

Juicing, A Beginner

No comments:
 
It was a blessing in disguise that I did not score any getaway deals for the long weekend last week (Chinese New Year) so instead I was able to focus on a couple of my personal projects at home. One of which is to try out juicing for a change.


(Photo from Ensogo) I am using the one in the right but bought it at SM Dept.

As you know, I have been praying for divine health for this year and asking God to give me the wisdom and discipline to be a steward of this body so I could do the good works He has prepared for me. Two weeks ago nga pala, I got my cholesterol test result from the doctor and ayun top honor ang lola nyo sa pagiging high scorer. All the more I wanted to do a juice fast to jump start a healthy eating habit and to my surprise, some of my FB contacts got curious when I posted this photo of my practice juice recipe.


Masarap pala sya kahit walang sugar. The next day I was determined to drink different juice concoctions and by God's grace I did!!! The day turned out to be colorful to say the least.


So I continued for the rest of the week with at least one full meal a day. Mostly, I would eat Tuna Sandwich with Cheese using Gardenia Wheat Raisin bread during lunch then fruits afterwards. Some days I had rice with Century tuna or roasted chicken minus the skin. I also drink Banaba Tea during the evenings. I was surprised how my cravings for junk food went away. I still crave for sweets but they are manageable. So I take half a bar of this Goya Dark Chocolate every other day. They say dark chox are better the milk chocolates.



The big question is: did I lose weight? Well... it is too soon to weigh but I did went down a few centimeters in some body parts. Besides NOT to crave for red meat and softdrinks the whole week is already unbelievable to me. I don't feel sluggish and lethargic so I might add few light exercises to my routine. However, this blog post might inspire you on the before and after result of juicing.

My Combinations

2 Pears
1 Ponkan
3 Tomatoes

-----

2 Apples
1 Ponkan
1 Carrot
0.5 Cucumber 

-----

2 Pears
1 Ponkan
Asparagus

-------

2 Apples
1 Ponkan
Celery

--------

This one is a smoothie with the use of a blender

2 Slice Mangoes
3 Bananas
1 Cup Malunggay Leaves
1 Tray Ice Cubes


I am no health professional and expert so I am not claiming that any of this will work for you. I've done my fair share of research and consultation. So I hope when you decide you are ready, you will also equip yourself with enough information. Happy juicing!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Love it when you just don't read, you also interact by commenting. Have a vibrant and blessed day!

 
© 2012. Design by Main-Blogger - Blogger Template and Blogging Stuff