Jan 11, 2014

Fight: VCF Prayer and Fasting 2014

No comments:
 
Our congregation just finished our 5-day prayer and fasting. It is not an obligatory act but encouraged to re-align ourselves at the start of the year to seek God's will in our lives. Now, before you raise your eyebrows in the idea of fasting, you may be interested to read through the practical guide and also the devotionals here.


"Consecrate yourselves, for tomorrow the LORD
will do amazing things among you."
Joshua 3:5

First off, let me clarify that I am not sharing this to you to receive attention towards me surviving the week but on the contrary, the experience is actually the most humbling act I have done so far -- to fully rely on God for my daily energy in every moment of each day. 

I was introduced to the spiritual discipline of fasting in 2011 in VCF. Even back then, it made a lot of sense but  I wasn't mature enough in my Christian walk to be part of it. Since then a seed was planted in my heart to come to that point, every year I would pray to God for me to be able to partake in it and finally this year, I did.

It wasn't just skipping meals for me: it was my personal battle. As I shared to you in past posts, I don't have any vices nor did I tried those even when I was young, wild and "free". But food...it was my road block -- finding comfort in it during my emotional highs and lows. Getting immediate gratification every time I indulge in my favorite sweets. Simply put, it was the idol in my life. Idolatry is putting something else before God. 

But as early as last month I already wrote down my number one Faith Goal for 2014 which is Divine Health. For the passed few years, I am chained to sub-clinical hypothyroidism which led me to gaining weight exponentially. It hindered me to live my life to the full. 

I humbly asked the Lord during this time for breakthrough and I am expectant! Ready to fight and even before this year ends, I will claim that my prayer requests had come to passed. But please, do not be misled that the Lord will answer my prayer because I fasted. Definitely not by my own works or anything else I did, could and would do. But it is according to His grace and for He is faithful in His promises.

I pray that you who are reading this will experience an encounter with the Lord this year through the guidance of the Holy Spirit bringing you to a point of thanks giving. In Jesus name, Amen.

Started reading 21-Day Devotional Plan "Made To Crave"

Attended Day 5 Prayer Meeting at Victory Alabang

Right after we broke our fast, I redeemed my Starbucks 2014 Planner. Just in time for me to write down the rest of my faith goals and armed myself to note down my breakthroughs for this year.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Love it when you just don't read, you also interact by commenting. Have a vibrant and blessed day!

 
© 2012. Design by Main-Blogger - Blogger Template and Blogging Stuff