Feb 3, 2013

The Unplanned Starbucks 2013 Black Planner

No comments:
 
I had no plans whatsoever to get a Starbucks Planner 2013, I haven't availed it for the passed 2 years. But I was  holding a promotional card which I got a while back when we had coffee with Bestie.

It was Jan 21 when my new manager treated us, the new team joiners, for some coffee in Starbucks Valero to officially welcome us to the team. Apparently, it was also the last day to get the card filled up and Starbucks was giving away two stickers for each cup. No one other myself had a card in our bunch so all of a sudden the 4 LONELY stickers on my card met the rest of their sticker posse making me qualified to redeem the 2013 planner! How about that huh?!

Later I learned nagkakaubusan pala ng black planner, mostly what was left was the white one na feeling ko dumihin so ayoko nun. There is also a green version. But a little bird told me that Starbucks E-Com Bldg in MOA still have the black leather one. So off we went there yesterday, just a quick stop, before we went home to Kawit Cavite for this month's visit. As I pray and reflect on what happened, I was sensing that God wanted me to have this planner for He will be filling up this year with activities He prepared for me. He wanted me to jot down notes on planning that I may remember how He unveils all things in its proper time.

That my lovelies, is just grace -- that I didn't have to rely on my efforts and allow God, my Father, to sent forth His blessing to me His beloved daughter at the right moment. I used to be one of those people who made-out-of-the-way efforts just to get what I wanted. I would however ended up hurt, disappointed and frustrated whenever I fall short from my own expectations and the high standards I put up for myself.

Of course, I have nothing against Starbucks especially this year when I got a hold of the planner (My precioussss... Just kidding) - it was well-crafted compared to some of the earlier ones that I tried. But to some the SB planner becomes their idol. You know, when all things and money started revolving into getting the coveted planner kahit di naman talaga nila afford. Hoping to find some kind of self worth in it, aminin nyo na kasi I used to be like that (guilty as charged). It is a status symbol, di ba? Having to spend ALL that kind of money for a planner. Sadly, that is idolatry: when we live for something other than Jesus (- Pastor Mark of Mars Hill Church).


There are a lot of things in this world that becomes our idol and my prayer is that by God's grace, we will let go of it as we focus more on having a relationship with Him instead of building relationship with earthly things. I thank God for the people He used to blessed me with this planner and how sweet He is as a father na despite His 'busyness' -- na naisip nya pa kong bigyan nito.

Psalms 8:4 "What is man that you are mindful of him, the son of man that you care for him?"

No comments:

Post a Comment

Love it when you just don't read, you also interact by commenting. Have a vibrant and blessed day!

 
© 2012. Design by Main-Blogger - Blogger Template and Blogging Stuff