Feb 9, 2012

Unemployed: Last Stretch

No comments:
 
Rounding up my To Do List:
  • Get Postal ID bearing my married name
  • Replace my SSS ID to bear my married name
  • Get NBI Clearance
  • Go to the dentist
  • Pass requirements to my new employer
  • Go through the required Pre-employment Medical Exam
  • Renew my soon-to-expire passport with surname change due to marriage 
  • Get BIR TIN Card ID
  • Get Clearance Kit and last pay
  • Exercise: Kinect and afternoon run in Bonifacio Global City Fort to lose a few pounds for overall wellness - Haven't run in BGC but did played Kinect at home
  • Prayer and Fast to detox my body and to seek God's will for this year especially His assignment for me in this new place of work - Intermittent Fasting
Earlier today, I went out for my Pre-Employment Medical Exam. I already emailed the clinic beforehand to confirm if I needed to fast and which specimen I needed to collect. I also printed out a map from their website since I am not too familiar in Edison St. San Isidro Makati. There were a lot of ways to go there coming from EDSA-Ayala but I opted for jeepney rides.

Asia Pacific Medical & Diagnostics Inc. (APMD)

There was barely a line when I got there at 8:45 am but more people started coming in mostly from call centers. So I went through the usual medical exam and did not have much of a problem with their process. The personnel were courteous but I did got stuck for awhile for my X-ray and Physical Exam so I finished at 11:30 am.



For each process, the personnel who would do it will call my name. But when I would enter their cubicle they would ask for my name again followed by my birthday. I started wandering why since I thought, "you just called me a couple of seconds ago, you have my file, why are you still asking me my name?". Then I remembered a scene in Grey's Anatomy on Dr. Kepner's first day as a chief resident and the patients got all mixed up because no one is updating the board. So I thought they were just making sure they were talking to the right patient that is why they kept asking me personally for my name/birthday.

After I was done, I walked back towards Gil Puyat street and hop into the next jeep. I had an additional errand to run not on my list -- getting Student Driving Permit from LTO Makati.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Love it when you just don't read, you also interact by commenting. Have a vibrant and blessed day!

 
© 2012. Design by Main-Blogger - Blogger Template and Blogging Stuff